Friday, February 06, 2009

A prayer request

My mom's property, which includes her house and the camp, is supplied of water by a hand -dug well. Since it is so rainy, she has more than enough water all year, except for December and January, and that includes camp. This year all of camp was great, except for a great water shortage. We ended up having to carry buckets of water from the pool just to flush the toilets. It was not pretty. Everyone had a good attitude about it, but it was not easy. So, Neil asked all the campers to pray about mom getting a new well. That could run anywhere from 4 to 10 thousand dollars. Thats a lot of cash.
I really think its necessary, but its not my money, nor my call. I am praying that the Lord will provide my mom the money for the well in a miraculous way, so that she will know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that God wants her to have the new well. We did some research yesterday, and she spoke to a company today who is willing to come out and give her a free estimate. Also, they might be willing just to extend the existing well, which would save her thousands. Her well is 14 meters deep and she needs to get to at least 18 meters. That costs 200 a meter.

Please pray with me that God might show and provide in a supernatural way.

Thanks

No comments: