Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting fit update

Well, its been 4 weeks now of working out, 2-3 times a week. I am loving exercise TV because there is so much free content. Yesterday we did a cardio-slimdown, which is just challenging enough to keep me from getting bored. Today we did Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk. Great! Easy moves, yet plenty challenging. So far, we switch between the cardio slimdown, the 2 mile walk, and a ballet workout. I like doing the ballet one because Eileen and I aren't particularly graceful, and I am hoping this will help. Soon we will start WeighDown again. I want to get the exercise thing down before I start the eating thing.

I have been thinking about the spiritual aspect of exercising. I know that the Bible says that bodily exercise profiteth little, but the truth is that bringing the flesh under control is always a good thing. It really depends on your outlook and reason for exercising.

One more thing. I cannot exercise in the evening. Two nights ago we did, and I was awake for hours. Precious sleep hours lost!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job! Keep it up!
I have been on a fitness Journey too. It´s made me feel so much better and that´s helped in so many areas. I believe it´s important and that God wants us to take care of our bodies.
Just started a 30 day program (very intense) and have been so sore even though I have been exersicing since January. Crazy! I am hoping to work through it.
Sweat it out! ;)