Saturday, October 24, 2009

From Inspiration to Application

The Vinegar Solution

My dishwasher is OK. They don't sell the really good ones here, so mine is top of the line.....for Chile. It doesn't rinse very well, so I always must use the special rinse liquid, which is expensive.

I had read on several blogs that you can substitute vinegar for the pricey liquid, but I am often skeptical of amazing claims. But, I figured, what could be lost if I tried it? Nothing! So I squirted the vinegar in. You may not believe this, but it works better than the pricey stuff!

Not very "wow!", but the long-term savings means that I can actually use my dishwasher more often. Now I can hear a hearty "Amen!" from chief dishwasher, Eileen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that just white vinegar?

xx

Rhonda in Chile said...

Yep, just plain, cheap vinegar!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm going to try that. I use white vinegar instead of fabric softener for laundry and it works great. I'm telling you, white vinegar is a wonder!

Thanks for sharing this. (o: