Saturday, November 21, 2009

What happens when your husband is tone deaf

My Dear Preacher husband used to be entirely tone deaf. Sitting next to him in Church during the song service was torture. When he was in Bible School, he tried to sing in the choir. The director finally broke down and told him just to lip-sync.

Anyway, he doesn't know if someone is singing good or badly. Now, I sing. Not great, mind you, but I love to sing. I started our ladies choir a while back. They are OK, not great.

So, Neil is at the conference in Argentina this past week, and they were planning one for next year here in Chile. He proudly offers my choir and ME to provide special music. Yikes! Oh, yeah, and they want me to be the pianist. Huh? My piano playing is "iffy" at best. I mean, its good for our Church where there's nobody better. Oh boy, we had all better get to practicing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sounded lovely on the disc you sent me, I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Rhonda in Chile said...

Thank you for the kind words, Sarah dear! i'll keep everyone posted on our progress. This should be fun!