Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Bible reading

As you can see, I didn't list the Bible in my favorite book list.
There is a reason for that. I cannot list the Bible as just another book. Its not. It is God's Word. I do not believe in supernatural manifestations of God. No dreams, or Voices. Especially no angels.
What I do believe in is the Bible. God uses His Word to speak to me, to teach me, and to comfort me.

I was saved as a small child. (Yes, I believe that this is possible) As I grew as a person, I grew as a Christian. I struggled through most of my teens and twenties with regular Bible reading. Yes I knew that I must read the Bible, but I had no structure and it showed in many areas of my life.

Several years ago, Mom gave me the One Year Bible. Each day's reading gives me some Old Testament, New Testament,Psalms and Proverbs. It has been incredible.
I thank God for being so patient with me.

Rhonda

No comments: