Thursday, April 20, 2006

What is my motivation?

I realize that in order to do something well, there must be some kind of motivation. Why do I want to be a better housekeeper? Why do I want to be a better wife?

I learned a verse in School, "Whatsoever thine hand findeth to do, do it with might."
We should, of course do things just because we should, but we don't.

God is truly gracious. He gives us work to do, but it is all for our own good. If I am a good housekeeper, I will reap the benefits of having a pleasant, peaceful home. If I am a good wife, I will be happier and so will he, and so will the kids.

One of the negative aspects of the culture in which I live, is the idea that parents and mothers especially, must do all for the sake of the Children. The kids eat first. The money is for the kids. Mother's time is first and foremost for the kids. As you can imagine, this wreaks havoc with most marriages here.

God's way is truly best, and not at all "hard." Our way is hard, and usually ends very badly.

Sometimes I grumble inside, feeling overburdened. This, of course, is wrong. But now that I actually wrote it down, I can see just how ugly it really is!

Phillipians 2:14
Do all things without murmurings and disputings.

1 comment:

Bethanie said...

Absolutely! And when those children have moved out and moved on...Then what? The woman is miserable. She finds that she has not cultivated a relationship with the man in the house. And becuase of her lack of diligance to her husband...her grown daughter/s find that they don't know how to be a wife. Instead they treat their husband/s like a child. And their marriage is compromised, their husband is resentful. They divorce. And it goes on and on...all because the poor woman thought her children came before her husband. That her children were her whole exsistance. My husband is going to be my second priority (under God only) for as long as I am on earth. He will be with me until we die...my child will eventually move onto a family of his/her own.
I've just been thinking alot on this subject and feel very strongly about it. I'll get off my soap box now.