Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh, the missionary life!


Its been a while since I sat down at the computer to write. We had a wild week, last week. Neil was gone on the 1st and 2nd of May, and the 4th and 5th. It changes everything. We had our super Puppet event on Saturday after several rehearsals. I only went to the last one. There were over 110 in attendance and 11 children were saved. We had about 25 first time visitors.
I had spent all of Saturday morning cooking. You see, we have no decent restaurant here. So, do you want to have a nice meal for your mama on Mother's day? Then you have to cook it yourself! But when? On Saturday morning, of course! I made our favorite, meat loaf. Nobody likes meatloaf but Mom and me. Too bad, its our day! I also made 7 layer salad, which must be refrigerated overnight. Hallellujah! We love, love, love 7 layer salad. For after the puppet event, I also made Mimi's Cafe's corn soup and corn bread. Mmmm! We actually had that for lunch and supper. It was just that good!
Its a good thing, too, because Saturday was wild. And after the event, we had to clean the Church! Yea! It wasn't too bad since there were several of us. Sunday dawned cold and rainy. We usually have a low attendance among the children on these days, but it wasn't too bad. My family wanted to buy me a Wii, with Wiifit for Mother's Day. Do you know how much a wii costs here? 500.00 dollars. !!!!!!! I graciously declined. Do you know what I could do with 500 dollars? Then Monday Eileen and I worked ALL DAY, making up for what we hadn't been able to do all weekend. And Today, we had ladies Bible Study. I am tired. The house is so-so.
But its all good.
Well, its almost all good. Neil went to get money out of our local ATM. And the machine didn't give him the money! We called our bank, the ATM's bank, opened a claim. This isn't going to be easy or fun. I hope we don't lose the money. Please pray for us.
I've still got tons to do, and Eileen's got a bad cold. But I don't think I'll do one more useful thing tonight. Enough is enough. I think I'll go watch some Star Trek!

5 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

good dear about your special day and sorry to hear about your atm situation.

Anonymous said...

Ah, so you are a trekkie? ;)

Wiis are so cool...yet expensive. Hubs dreams of owning one, lol.

Rhonda in Chile said...

Thank you, Mrs.Julie! We are waiting on the Lord.

Hi Sarah!
We'll wait on the Wiis until something new comes along and drivs the price down!
Yep, we're trekkies, the lot of us. In fact, my son gets most of his English vocabulary from ST. When we were on vacation in March, the kids saw a rainbow. Ronnie said, Mom, come quick and see the rainbow before it dissipates!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're busy, busy, busy! That's *great* news about the puppet show and all the children saved and visitors!

Star Trek?!---Bleh!!!! (o; But I'm glad you enjoy it. (o:

Blessings,
Michele

Rhonda in Chile said...

Oh Michele, you're not a trekkie? Too sad! I do wish we had more variety to watch, but we are limited. I am looking forward to getting that Miss Potter movie that you like.