Friday, March 21, 2008

Do not fret

So, I was fretting today about a situation that, like many, is totally beyond my control, and yet affects me directly. Don't you hate those? I am a can-do kinda gal, and I don't like feeling out of control.
My daily Bible reading was good as always, but didn't address my current "issues" like it often does when I need a boost. So, here we are, mid-afternoon and I was fretting. I sat down on my bed and reached for good old Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost....". I had already read today's reading, so I just randomly opened the book. The first title I read was "Do no fret". ?!?!? Talk about getting a boost from the Lord!
I guess I can't control the situation, but I can control my reaction to it!

1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

Isn't it wonderful when He give us just what we need? Boy He sure is good to care about even the smallest crisis in our lives. We sure have a caring Father.

Have a great Resurrection Day!