Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I just don't know

Seems really interesting how everybody knows that they are right about everything. Good, godly people say thus-and-such is good and right and other equally godly, good people say something different. Birth control........clothing........Sunday School or no Sunday School.

We must be very careful when we take a stand about something. We can and should take a stand about things we feel passionate about, but we must remember a few things.

1. If I am right, my attitude towards those who disagree with me must also be right, that is a loving attitude

2. On issues that are not clearly defined in Scripture, I must be willing to open to the fact that I might be wrong.

I don't need to be right about everything.. I don't need to know everything. Sometimes I just don't know.

4 comments:

Pfingston said...

You are so right.
;-)

Tori Leslie said...

Very good Rhonda!

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Cherish the Home said...

Amen to your entire post but I especially liked:

I don't need to be right about everything.. I don't need to know everything. Sometimes I just don't know.

The older I get the more I realize how little I really know. (o;