Monday, June 19, 2006

Being honest

Most Christians I know understand the need for honesty. They all realize how important honesty is, and most of them claim to be honest.

But I wonder what would happen if we could get a glimps of what we really are and what we really do and think. I am not talking about secret sin, I am talking about things we do that we do not realize.
Now here is the kicker. Do I really want to know what I am doing wrong? Am I ready to acknowledge my undesireable behaviour? My answer in a nutshell, NO!!! See? I am being honest! Ha ha!

Lord, help me want to know the truth about myself, awful or otherwise, for it is only then that I can change.

3 comments:

Cherish the Home said...

Rhonda, you always come up with the BEST thoughts! I can so relate to this....I **say** I'd want to know but would I really? Probably not. Hmmm.....

Anonymous said...

I think we could all stand to be honest with ourselves!! The problem is that our pride gets in the way and wants to justify those things that are wrong instead of deal with those things. God help us to be more honest with ourselves and with others and let Him make a change in our lives like He desires to.

Anonymous said...

Great post, the heart is deceitful above all things. We don't even know ourselves like God does. Hmmm, food for thought. Thanks Rhonda Blessings.