Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday night prep for Sunday

To all you lovely people who get to just go to church,I sometimes envy you! For us, Sunday is a workday. Sunday school lessons have been prepared, nursery class curriculum has been passed out to all teachers and workers. Baths are being taken as I type. Sunday dinner is in the crockpot. The Preacher's dress shirts were washed yesterday. Tomorrow I will help Sandra with the sign language singing, so I have Denise to take over on the piano. The Preacher will switch from Construction Foreman to Preacher and Teacher of the Word. What a great title! I am so glad he not just a doctor or a lawyer.

I am praying for Susan and the Friend Day at their Church tomorrow.

My goal for tomorrow is to worship God in spite of all the to-do of church.
Hava a lovely day with your Church, listen to your Preacher, encourage someone.

R

3 comments:

Susan said...

How encouraging to come to your blog and see that you're praying for our church services tomorrow! Thank you so much!

You are so right about Sunday being a work day! LOL It's worth it all though, isn't it? And like you, I'm glad that my dh's job isn't just a doctor or some other job, but a preacher of the Word. Have a great day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Yey for church! Hope you had a blessed time too. Did you celebrate Pentecost? :o)

Rhonda in Chile said...

No we didn't! Things are so crazy around her because of the building project. We almost completely forgot Mother's Day! The Preacher is a man of God, but not overly organized;)

Funny thing is, in my scheduled Bible reading, we read Acts 2 today!
Praise God for sending the Holy Spirit to dwell in the believer!

R