Thursday, December 14, 2006

Daily habits

At our recent Ladies retreat, I had the "priviledge" of speaking last. I say that ironically, because after 5 other ladies, pretty much everything had been said, and well said at that.

I didn't know what the Lord would want me to speak on, so I began to think about what our needs are. I realized that in order to do all the God wants women to do, we must have certain daily habits that make our Christian life possible.

As I began to research, I started to realize that Satan has habits concerning us. Everyday.
Potifar's wife tempted Joseph "day by day". Delilah tempted Samson. The Bible says "she pressed him daily" until "his soul was vexed unto death"

Psalm 42:10As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?

Our enemy reporaches us DAILY.

Psalm 56:2Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.

Are you sensing a pattern here?

So, dear Sisters, it is truly necessary for us to have daily battle drills against our enemy, and believe you me, we have an enemy who hates us and fights dirty.

In case you didn't know, our Battle Drills consist of Bible reading, memorization and prayer.
The enemy doesn't take any holidays or sick days. He is out to destroy you.

Thankfully, we were given the ability to put on the whole armor of God. I suggest we take advatage of this priviledge.

Enjoy the Christmas season, delight in the blessings of the Lord, but don't let your guard down. Don't get too tired. Strengthen yourself in the Lord.

Blessings,
Rhonda

1 comment:

Cherish the Home said...

Excellent post, thanks for the reminder. (o: