Thursday, October 19, 2006

Knowing your enemy

The "DaVinci Code" book has been extremely popular and controversial here in Chile. Not so much where we live but in Santiago and the bigger cities. Since most Chileans are catholics or former catholics, it was a real shake-up, leaving them dazed. My missionary friend read the book so that she may be able to give them guidane and answers to the questions posed in the book. First I would like to say that I have never read such blasphemy IN MY LIFE! Here are a few of my thoughts, because it was very thought-provoking.

1. This book proclaims that the deity of Christ is an invention of the catholic church. Not so. The deity of Christ is proclaimed throughout Scritpture, Old and New Testaments. Praise His Name!

2. This book promotes paganism which I understand to be a lot of things, among them goddess worship and nature worship. It tries to say that paganism is not satanism. There is only one God, the God of heaven who, by the way, is not female. Satan is not a god, but would have people worship him. He is also content to have people worship anything that is not of God, so spirit worship and nature worship and humanism all fit within his evil desires. We live in Mapuche Indian land. They are pagans. Most of the religion promoted by the book is practiced here.

3. The author mixes truth with lies. Isn't that satan's modus operandi? Truth about the catholic church and lies. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't know what to believe.

This all brings me to Halloween. Please let me speak the truth in great love. Halloween is all paganism. All its symbols are pagan. All its practices are pagan. This holiday differs with Christmas and Easter in many ways, not the least being the fact the Halloween is expressly for the celebration of paganism. We have been living in a pagan land for so long that we no longer recognize it to be bad. We are supposed to be strangers in this land, yet we are blending in with the locals. We have accepted their music and dress and holidays, their speech and views.
They mock us for our inconsistencies. We cower before them. My friends, we must fight the good fight! Come out from among them and be ye HOLY (holy means separate)

If you want to get your kids on a sugar high, then by all means do so. I love candy. Especially See's candy. But please, prayerfully consider your participation in a celebration of paganism. I am not saying this because I think myself a spiritual giant, but because I see the effects of paganism first-hand. We are living in a world that likes what the "DaVinci Code" is all about.

In Christ's love,
Rhonda

3 comments:

Cherish the Home said...

So glad you're feeling better and found the important papers that you need.

And I agree very much with your assessment of Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Amen, amen, amen. The Da Vinci Code wasn't even historically accurate on the non-Christian stuff, he obviously didn't do his research.

I recently put forward my view of the pagan side of Halloween on e-mom's blog as she had a discussion post on it. I feel quite strongly about its pagan and superstitious origins (even trick or treating has a superstitious origin). I am surprised that Christians still celebrate it, none of our church do (that I know of). Last year when a little boy came trick or treating I told him gently that we don't celebrate Halloween, and he very nicely said "Oh so you're Christian?" "Yes" I said. It is so good to hear that you don't have anything to do with it, I was quite discouraged by many Christian bloggers advertising their Halloween parties and such, I was really surprised.

Pfingston said...

yeah, we don't celebrate holloween either. But then again we don't do anything for Christmas or Easter too . . . so holloween would be right out.