Monday, November 20, 2006

Trials and Joys

We had a great ladies retreat! But it was not without great personal trials and tribulations.
I praise the Lord for walking with me each step of the way, and bringing me down to level where He could work on me.

We had over 60 women. I am so thankful for the ladies in my Church who worked very hard. I'll tell you though, next time, we want to be Marys instead of Marthas. I'd much rather sit and listen than cook and clean. Well, as the Good Book says, there is a time for everything!

I praise the Lord because I saw how he worked in some of the women there. When you see tears streaming down a friend's face and see her jumping out of her seat to come to the altar, it makes it all seem worth it. We even had one lady get saved!

I am thankful for those who lifted me up in prayer. I really did have some hard times, and I'm still smarting from the blow.



On a another note, I am having trouble getting my Vonage phone to work properly and I am frustrated! It seems that my broadband connection isn't fast enough, and I am working on it. It means alot to me to be able to call so easily! I feel that I am sooooo close, and yet no quite there!

Grace and Peace!
R

6 comments:

Cherish the Home said...

Praise the Lord Rhonda! I'm so happy things went so well and it seems the Lord really moved.

I hope you can get your phone to work!

Blessings!
~Mrs.B

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things went well!

Dawn said...

I'm glad your retreat went well and that now you can retreat from that worry and concern. Maybe next year you can really retreat!

ARe you celebrating American Thanksgiving?

Kristi said...

The one soul saved was worth it all, I know. Sounds like you had a wonderful meeting. The devil didn't want that!!! Ha!

Love ya,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

praises for what God is doing! And depending on when your coming state side again, and if I still have connections . . . lets go to the happyest place on earth! You bet!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your ladies' meeting went well. I was praying that y'all would get a great blessing from it and that although it took lots of work and such to get it all together...that it would be just as much a blessing for you and your ladies as it was for those that were coming in from other places.