Thursday, November 30, 2006

Be careful for nothing

Philippians 4:6 tells us to be careful for nothing. That means that we should worry about NOTHING. Do you worry? I do, I am ashamed to admit. And of course, I worry about things that I cannot change or control. Why can't we trust God?

I think that it is because we do not trust God to take us into the Valley. We trust Him on the Plain, when we can see clearly where we are going. And we love to hike with Him through the Mountains, but the Valley is a different story. We do not want to go anywhere near those valleys, and yet it seems that the valley is exactly where He needs to take me. I need to trust God enough not to be dissapointed with my circumstances. Valleys are a place of growth.

Lord, teach me to love the Valley.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worry is such a sin!!! It shows our lack of faith in God and what He can and will do for us. Shame on us!! This is something that I keep having to go through school for with God. I hope to learn it eventually.

Terri said...

You are both right about worry. It is hard sometimes to turn our burdens and cares over to the Lord but He calls us to do so. We profit nothing by worrying. I'll be praying for you Rhonda. May He richly bless you as you go through your valley.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog from Susan's in Canada. I'm a fellow Pastor's wife and I wanted you to know that I will be praying for you all throughout my day today.

Also, if you ever need encouragement throughout the week, our church has a web-site for ladies: gbcladiesofgrace.com. You can reach my blog from that sight if you are interested.

Blessings & Prayers,
Julie Fink

Cherish the Home said...

I struggle with this too.....I think most of us do.

Blessings and Hugs!
~Mrs.B

Rhonda in Chile said...

Thanks all, for your kind words of encouragement. We all have to spend some time in the valleys.
Welcome, Mrs. Fink! I have enjoyed going over your blog and website!
R

Anonymous said...

Oh My! Yes I do fail in the area of not worrying about my troubles...