Friday, May 05, 2006

What I read today

Today my Bible reading was at the end of Judges. Judges to me, is a terribly depressing book. There was no order, no law. Everybody did what was right in their own eyes. In fact, I'll bet that the phrase "don't be so judgemental" was very common.

The saddest thing to me, however, is that I feel like we are living in times just like during Judges. Everybody is doing what they think is best. There are a bajillion different religious groups and sub-groups. Churches are filled with hypocracy. Religion is being rejected by most, and the occult is more popular and socially accepted than ever.

The worst part is this: Believers now have the indwelling Holy Spirit. When you believe, the Holy Spirit dwells within you. Not the case during the times of the Judges. We have the written Word and the Spirit to teach us and things are still pretty bad.

Of course God is still there and is still working, just read Ruth.

Lord, let me be like Ruth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Ruth especially the line: "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." This is how I feel about my church because the Holy Spirit truly dwells among the people there.

About the links thing, I have just worked it out, look on the blogger help and you have to enter it in on the template code. It's hard to find in the code but follow the instruction and ta-darr!
Blessings.x