Saturday, July 15, 2006

A busy week


I haven't blogged much this week because we have been busy. I told you we were having company and they just left last night. I am tired, and I'm sure they are too!

This week the Preacher is tearing down this house that has been our Church for the past 4 years. It has been the coldest week yet this year. Our pipes froze and we had no water for a while. The Church building site is a mess and its 10:00 and the Preacher has not yet come home. He and the Guys are getting the building ready for Sunday. I have the house all tidy (mostly tidy) and food ready. The electric blanket is already turned on. How about that for being a good wife?

Please pray for us. Pray for all the missionaries you know and/or support. We need it.
Thanks

R

6 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Oh yea I guess it's winter there?

What a sweet wife you are. Do they sell electric blankets there or did you bring it from the states?

They don't sell those here or heating pads and it gets -15 in the winter easy. Also they don't put fire places in their homes, hummm, strange. ;0]

Anonymous said...

I wish you lots of blessings. I didn't realise it was winter in Chile!

Kristi said...

So what you're saying is that its chilly in Chile and you might need to make chili for supper to warm y'all up???? :)

For some reason I always figured Chile was a warm climate year round. I didn't realize that it got that cold there. My brother has been there on business a few times and brought me back a thimble. I collect them...hence the name of my blog. :)

Anyway, we will certainly be praying for you.

~Sis Kristi

Virginia Revoir said...

I am so excited to see your site. My sister and her husband (and children) are missionaries in South Africa. Her site is http://capetownamazing6.blogspot.com. I love sites like this. :)

Rhonda in Chile said...

Hello Tori, Sarah, and Kristi! Yep, its cold here. My electric blanket is more a large heating pad that goes under the bottom sheet. They sell them here and they are wonderful. We also have an airtight wood heater. Messy, but effective.

Welcome Jenny! Thanks for your sister's address, I'll have to get over there and say HI"

R

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»