Thursday, July 20, 2006

The importance of selfless giving, continued

When Mary Ingalls lost her sight, Laura got another job besides teaching. Pa told her that she must be Mary's eyes. So Laura began describing everything around her all the time, for Mary's sake.
I wonder if that ever became tiresome? Sometimes I tire of endless questions and comments from my young ones and desire just to be quiet.

Well, here is the interesting part. I believe that Laura became such a good writer because she was able express herself so well and describe things in such a "seeable" way. Seems that all those hours "seeing" for Mary paid off handsomely in the future. I'm sure she wasn't thinking about becoming an authoress during their long walks on the prairie, but God is faithful. You DO reap what you sow.

Doing selfless acts often brings its own rewards. Sometimes the rewards come quickly, especially the reward of a heart full of love toward God. Sometimes it takes years. But God is faithful. The wisdom of the world says "No good deed goes unpunished" Ha. I am glad I am not of this world!

Here is God's plan for His children:

Ephesians 2:10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (italics mine)


Blessings and Joy to you all

R

No comments: